Thursday, April 21, 2011

Diane

You are a fearful thing in the park
with the dappled light leaving gaps
in your already ethereal skin
and when you run through the trees
almost I can see horns amidst your hair
and hear the baying of the hounds
hungry hunting you
and your hungry joy and their holy fear is mixed
with your hushed fear and their hunting joy
They would not dare you
alone
but in the rush they come
down the hill, invincible, crying out
their fearless, swelling joy
For they have found you and shall have
their piece at last
You must hear them in the wind
sounding the triumph call
Frozen and staring through the trees
Love find me running, crying out my fearsome joy
for I have found you and shall have
my peace at last.

2 comments:

Marlee said...

Beautiful! Your writing style is fantastic! Almost haunting even! Keep it up you have a real talent!

www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

May-Belle said...

Thank you! It's delightful to think that others enjoy my work. "Haunting" is such a poet's word. :)