Sunday, October 23, 2011

To fall, To follow.

Wild worn nature with your tangled tendrils
hanging off the shoulder
of the wicked, winsome Eve.
How terrible could your wrath be, your least displeasure
when this its greatest joy rings so loud throughout the trees
that I have awoken
dragged from something like death, like dying
into all that is green light, green life.
It was winter when I slept and spring replaces dawn
but when I go to sleep it will grow cold again
So turn and turn about but I am a man of fire
heat and light drawn from me, hissing, into the air
as though something taken, something stolen.
How could a man as rich as I be robbed of anything
and weep as a peasant shorn of his dear only lamb?
This sibilant whisper says nothing loath
a counter melody to her raindrop footsteps
and the whole world seems to hum.
I am the last of the first, the men of old die with me
I am new born, and late to die
let all who follow, follow me
As I follow winsome, wicked Eve.



(to the garden, the world)

No comments: