Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blinded love

For this only can I give you
the sweetest shade of my own two eyes
In your place of pain
in your gaping wound
I can place no healing hand
Stand you there shaking
with the spit and spittle
scattered across your face
with the stench of loss of control
streaming from you in potent flood
and you are a broken thing
an eagle on shattered wings
I cannot reach to you my friend
cannot speak to silence the sounds
of those gutted breaths you keep taking
I am myself bound
myself a broken bird
a mouth of fear standing in darkness
This only can I give you
That I shall not see your shame
that you must not see me seeing
you in all your filth and fear.
My eyes are closed and heart open
This only can I give you
the blessed darkness of face turned aside
of a shame unseen.

No comments: