Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Reveal.

Skin of mine
how easily you stretch
swelling day by day

One day I'll tell you what I mean
when I stop and stand in streets
and stare at the cracks that spread like spiders
across the sweating pavement

I always think of them like scars
small caverns carved into the skin of the city
marking painful places and stupid choices
The pavement in front of my house is so broken.

One day I'll tell you who I am
when the earthquake comes swelling
shredding the streets into slag concrete
a wave of grinding destruction

As the city stands shedding its skin
I'll scream- at last. all of the cyanide secrets
I've hidden with my silver knife
buried under these slender scars

One day you'll look at the rubble
and walk away.

O skin mine you cannot stretch forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not gonna lie,
I saw the title
and all I could think about was DC talk.
--