Monday, November 2, 2009

London.Once.

the sounds of this strange language
crowd my throat
creating their foreign echoes
that thrum down into my lungs
ricocheting into my stomach
and suddenly i feel sick
what it is about you
that steals me away?
In all the world
there is only one place
I remember
snowflake clear
with each edge defined
standing beside you
wherever we are, whenever we are
I see you standing on that stairway
with your arms around me while we sink
and the darkness flickers behind us
stretching its jaws wide
to take us both at once
and I don't mind, don't even feel the teeth
leaning against you
with your warmth wrapping me up.

Keep me safe once more.
I am on my way down again
with nothing but the heat of your memory
to hold me.

how foreign this place
that i have emerged to
how strange the language and bitter the taste
of the air without you beside me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eye <3 U :)
we shud do it again somtime