Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ex-Galatea

I have carved out the curve of your head
in wood, in sand, in stone
with rigid curls and sloping strands.
I have shaped the structure of your skull.
I t has taken me years deep in coffee grounds
waking from dreams to find in the sheets
the contours of your face folded tight.
The hang of curtains tied and pulled
have formed your silhoette in shadow
and in the garden grows
a topiary trimmed to fit your shape.
I have carved out the curve of you
with knife, with hand, with thought--
the back of your head on the train
with no return ticket.

1 comment:

Jadina said...

Did you write this? Its so beautiful! you write very eloquently and fluent! I really like your blog! xoxox

Please come check out my blog for upcoming posts and giveaways! It's good to be a follower! I'll return the favor!

www.jadinashodgepodge.blogspot.com