Monday, June 28, 2010

Gifts and Wishes

If math settled in my brain
the way words seem to
if they stuck in neat piles
Legos of Logos that on occasion
rearrange into something startling
and sensible
instead of these letters of nonsense
(What kind of word is sentimentality?
It sounds like thinking but it's not
It's more like crazy all mental
and sensed out- not thinking.)
Perhaps if my synapses and these symbols
pi and infinity
had a bit more chemistry
I could be something
someone I suppose but in numbers
it wouldn't matter
I would be x or y
the independent or dependent
I wish someone would tell me
someone for whom the numbers march
towards their inevitable equal end
which I am
Independent or dependent.
All I can do is take apart the words
and wonder which is better
to be a pendant or a pedant
I could swing along the edge of a cord
a sparkling something for someone's decoration
but I fear that by thinking of it I have sold my chance
a pedant it shall be.
Chances - I feel i would win the game
If I only knew the rules
could crunch the numbers as they run
I could come out lucky in this lottery of love.
But as I cannot I will write of it.

No comments: