Sunday, February 6, 2011

Journey

My love is down the long road gone
To the west beyond the mountain
the setting sun blinds my eyes
and once set the darkness hides him

My eyes are weary with waiting
but my feet are strong and willing
My heart is sick with breaking
but my hands are quick and steady

Past time to leave my greenwood home
the summer days are waning
Off I search for my own true love
down the long road to the mountains

Come honey sweet and golden hued
to soften his dark sorrow
Come meal and yeast into my pack
That what was ground may rise again

Come summer wine of happy days
to draw back mourning's thirst
Come smoothed stick of many miles
to strengthen down the road

My love is to the far west gone
The long dark road has taken him
But I will go and bring him home
The light will not forsake him

No comments: