Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nine are mine. 24 to you.

hello dream
do we want to try death again?
i can't decide which is immortal
you or me
whether i'm stuck in this
Grecian subway
always hungry always thirsty
for lucious truth beyond my lips
smooth warmth beyond my fingertips
or whether i am mortal
and you are are the deathless one
because no matter how many times
i put you under the knife
here you come again
coiling rough round my eyelids
prying them open
and diving deep
through the clear center into
the places i never want to go again
but still you drag me along
by the retina
through this horrorland
that is my secret hope
gone wrong wrong wrong
wring me out
leave me limp
upon this pyre we've built
because i'm sick of it
both of us will burn

Thirty-third's the charm.

2 comments:

fen said...

pry the eyes open.
what a way to describe it,
Im never dissapointed by your original ideas and clever thoughts.
--
title though?

Unknown said...

Grecian subway
always hungry always thirsty
for lucious truth beyond my lips
smooth warmth beyond my fingertips - i love these lines, it could be a poem in itself. What exactly is a grecian subway though?