Thursday, December 4, 2008

break and take

I’m tired of these breakdowns
-in communication-
sick of being told to tone down
-don’t make a commotion-
I’m done with these break-ups
-can’t hear you the line is-
finished with these trade-ups
-better on the other side-
forgetting these breakouts
-if I could just get free-
learning to speak out
-this is what you mean to me-
I’m tired of these broken things
-hearts and hugs and promises-
so now’s my turn to get out
-hear me out now-
I’m going to be stepping out
-the future is my own-
and I won’t drop out
-I’ve got class-
so get out of my way
-im through with you-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This was one of those poems were you really could read between the lines. lol. good job.
This would sound really cool recorded with random interference coming through and breaking up the normal stuff from the stuff in the -'s. is it directed at a person? or homework?

May-Belle said...

a person. or series thereof. but i'm glad you realized it was two poems. three really. two halves. and the whole. yeah if i ever do reading recordings i'll play with that (or rather have someone gifted and talented do it for me....)
thanks david.

Anonymous said...

oh I like Davids idea, very nice.
usually your diction is a little more unusual,
but the dashes are an interesting idea

--
White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes.
oh lovely, lovely sound.
I fell in love to this sound, one sunday