Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rak.

i say goodbye like its a foreign tongue
dazed with the heavy heat
that comes and the day wears on
with our shadows stretching thin
across the pavement
thats hidden under these rippling waves
that wrap around my ankles
and send threads of sweat between my toes
i wonder
why they never touch
our shadows that grow and grow
like long black vines
shooting along this grey cement
thats what i'm thinking of
when you bend down one last time
and whisper against my hair
that you'll come back
it's not like forever
i don't even hear you
just feel the wet of your face
against my cheek
still i cannot move watching
over your shoulder wrapped around me
our shadows still and how they blur
how they break when you step back slowly
and i somehow make the sounds after you
like a clumsy child following her teacher's lead
good...bye...

i'm weary of this strange tongue
i can't dream when you're gone
so i'll be here in this shadow
until you come home
to me.

No comments: