Thursday, March 26, 2009

bless me. for i have sinned.

this is my last confession
i don't expect you to vindicate me
to abjure or avenge me
frankly i don't even expect you to care
but this is my final claim
and so i will take this time
as your last gift to me
the last attempt at settling debts
i will hold these moments as collateral
and count you complete
sit and let me tell you of my sins
my stains on my soul
and the places i abandoned being whole
for being who 
you wanted me to be
and i will stand alone 
on this side of the screen
you father confessor don't have to see
the burden of guilt settle at your feet
i don't love you enough to leave you with that
or maybe too much to dare
and so dear 
before i go
let me tell you this
in one blow
my crucifixion and my saving grace

i love you
with all that i am


1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! i like this poem hannah! the title makes me think of sneezing, but i realise it's more to do with benediction. "i don't love you enough to leave you with that, or maybe too much to dare"...
yet again, amazing poem!