Saturday, March 28, 2009

build for me.

build me something brick
and spread the mortar thick
between each solid cell
like generous amounts of honey
that falls over into a child lap
and sticks the world to his fingers
i too want the world to stick
to stay trapped
like a butterfly against this glass
till it too stops struggling
and beating me against me
and at last lies still
so that i can appreciate its beauty
its hungry dying beauty
in my own peace
in my own small pieces
and i will pace
up and down and down and down
into the dark behind my battalion of brick
and be safe and still and silent
and then one last thing
do this for me
make me a stone roof
solid stone as strong as can be
to stop the rain and sun and time
from getting in at me
and that will be all
put the date to mark the time 
and then be off

but if you like lay flowers
and cry a tear or two. 

No comments: