Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hallo Hallucination.

between this cold concrete and this caffeine
its no wonder i can't sleep
my toes are curled against my feet
ten tiny mice in their infant stages
crowded together for warmth
I watch them from this fuzzy height
pretending they belong to me
and alternatively
that they do not
that they are some strange thing
washed up against this slab of a shore
by some tricksome winsome wind
and all I have to do with it is this casual encounter
in which i stare at the foreign creature
curled up in the cold and suppose
what if I and this bizarre creature were connected

As I lean haphazardly against this concrete wall
creating and severing these foreign feet
I wonder vaguely about the strange angelthingyou
and against this cold concrete
with all of this caffeine
I find that though I can't sleep I can still dream


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some tricksome winsome wind