Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Breathless.

I long to be that sweet air
which drifts past those parted curves.
White virtue seals their red gates
but wind's smallest finger reaches casually
and without a key easily enters.
How cruel to be barred from earth's best treasure
and on top of bondage watch
with unjust simplicity an unknowing thief
enter and leave with brazen confidence.
Swiftly in and just as quickly out
leaving where I long to linger
How daring in it enters
and how fearfully it flees.
I would test my own courage
against this answer and those flashing teeth
I have been stabbed by those eyes,
wounded by that quick tongue
but still in the fray I would press
further and deeper in.
Step aside, air, thou coward's foe
and let me stand on thy battleground.
Come dear, my only love,
I will take your breath away.

1 comment:

Lathavijayakumar said...

COME DEAR ONLY LOVE, I L TAKE UR BREATH AWAY