Monday, March 14, 2011

Mountainside

Come careful across the dry streambed
Walk where once water ran
wet and strong over its smooth stones
singing on its own river theme
Water runs still over smooth cheeks
wet and strong the growing grief
Come careful across the streambed

Step softly through the dry winter grass
Walk where once green grew
bright and new through the strong soil
a brave flag in the whistling wind
Still the stalks stand and the wind blows
but no new life will ever grow
Step softly through the winter grass

Walk with me my long lost love
I am climbing the mountainside
Come with me my lonesome light
It is dark and soon will be night
O my love, my only light,
Where have you gone
to leave me all alone?

Come carefully, step softly,
Walk with me my heart
I am climbing the mountainside
We should not be apart



No comments: