Saturday, September 26, 2009

and she's dark chocolate
addictive but bitter
sweeps me off my feet 
in the rush of her words
and i would listen
but i'm too busy remembering
how to swim
roll on, roll on baby,
you're the one i'll hold on to
ride through, ride on baby,
the knights are chasing you
all those silver skinned saviours
are looking for your golden hair
and i just woke up
and you were there
sitting there laughing that my tongue
tying it up in knots
and walking away
I won't follow, you're too far ahead
just wait for you watching in my head
as you turn around with your shining smile
with the sky silver behind you
they're running to your rescue
one more addition to their petting zoo
i'll stay here until you're through
taking their shield and dulling their swords
to cage you they'd need to build worlds
for you to rage to

so i'll go back to sleep and wait for the girl



No comments: