Saturday, September 5, 2009

song.

i found you amidst the green
the long grass around you and the dropping vines
and your eyes too were clean

and i took you and with my hands i fed you
with the food which i had made 
to call you from yourself and to me

you ate and you listened to the song
following with long steps back
through the trees and grass

and i brought you to the circle of my home
with each red fire glowing by the door
showing you the space that was left

you took your hands and dug
pulling up in great strokes the earth
and packed it into straight lines

you built for me a house 
standing with it done before me
covered in the dirt of your labour

and you were brown all over
with the streaks of earth 
against your skin like cloth

i brought the coals still warm
from the house of my mother
and placed them in the heart of the house

you fed them wood 
new wood from your hand
and then it was done

then it was begun

No comments: