Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vertigo

i wake up tasting the stale air
of my thousand dreams before
the dislocated dizziness of that gap
between where i am and where i am
the places of my tenuous grasp
drag me here and drag me there and the potential is huge
waiting to snap like a muffled gasp
the only evidence of a small sharp pain
i cannot explain what it means to be lost
somewhere between my skin and my soul
and to go in through one door and out the other
an interchanged transient
on a faulty transistor radio
trying to pick up a signal
a homing beacon to draw me back from these grey seas
that whirl like clouds above me and i do not know
if i am flying or drowning
but only that i'm wet all over
and i do not know do not know do not know
and i do not....the static cuts in again
and theres nothing but a strain of bagpipes 
turning and turning again
if i should fall from grace with God
if i should fall
if i should fall from grace

i wake up from my dream
of the plane falling from the sky to the sea
and for a moment i don't realize
the salt water is all mine

No comments: