Monday, November 15, 2010

PoL

There is something slick about who you are
(you keep it wrapped up close
in your hands in your pockets
and I cannot reach it there)
that when I try to describe it leaves you sullied
(not sly or distrustful
just that his story never fully ends
or begins or something. )
and you slip untouched through my grasp
(with a hello and how are you
and good and you and goodbye
and gone)
One day I will surrender to the mystery of your being
(leave the awkward greetings
and hall shuffling around each other
for some more open face)
but for now I am still intrigued and eager
(it is a new game with rules
which I want to learn
to build my own quiet victory)
and so again, Hello, and How are you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You capture the mystery of the person so well by contrasting the ordinary with the insistence that there is something extraordinary. It's quite befuddling, as it should be.

Mint. said...

what david said :)