Monday, July 20, 2009

Ender.

they say the world is divided
into two parties if you please
the leaders 
and the led
the action
and the reaction
and then me
i have chosen to stand
not for something
nor against something
not in protest
nor acclamation
just to stand and be still
to watch
and not be seen
this was my choice
my voluntary exile from the divided world
my single pride in not leading astray
my single fear in having none to follow
but in standing I too am single
a single shadow amidst the flux of waves
a single voice
whose silence is a gift 
only to herself
and when speaking
steals no thought from any
this is my prison and my freedom
to need nothing and have nothing need me
what triumph!
in this divided world.
to be whole. and alone.

Imagine my horror
when behind me i find
a thousand others
standing
to see what i see

a pointless leader.
a lost follower
another piece of the crowd
that shoves like a menagerie
to practice silence
and loneliness.

i have ruined the world.

No comments: