Saturday, July 11, 2009

the small loves are broken.

knock knock tap
i beat a secret rhythm against the green wall
waiting for you to answer back

my world swells in this spring rain
stretching corner to corner
transforming these stiff walls 
into sloping curves flexing 
under the weight of this bounty
and i rest my cheek against the green
feeling the thrumming beat
enter my skin and tingle
like the last note of a lullaby

the sudden thud shocks me
pulling me from my reverie
as i realize you are leaning
on the other side of the wall
listening to the world breathe
the same as me

then comes the tearing
the shrieking shredding as i fall to the floor
watching the wealth of the world bleed away
 in great clear drops into infinity

you are left behind.

look my love, i plucked this flower for you.
careful of the sap. 

No comments: