Wednesday, April 7, 2010

insatiable.

I want to love you with all of these tied up hopes
these packed away dreams
and ragged edged seams
and you and all that glow
and ache and burn
and I have been so
I have been so alone
I want to love you a thousand ways
I want to see you wild and free
untouchted and untamed
a hard hungry thing
and I want you home and mine
and only
tied up in who I am and you who are
and in this tight us
with it's inconceivable knots
I want you angry and strong
cold and proud
and fiercely jealous
all those things that tell me you
are a man
and mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow. Love the way you captured the unattainability of the ideal. The paradox of contradictory desire is proof of our fallen world. and this captures that so well, but also names the ideals that seem oxymoronic. You're dreaming but remembering you are asleep. and maybe Freud was right about dreams being important
a good poem. raised a lot of questions, but for some reason i'm not satisfied with just asking them
:D