Sunday, May 9, 2010

So? How about it.

(stole this skin from a shadow
slipped it off his shoulder
while he was running from the light
and I wonder if he made it clean
or was rolled under its waves
and crushed)
It's mine now with that stretchable smile
you seem to find so interesting
and the eyes that they call so deep
yeah its funny how much fits
inside infinity
so here's the truth and here's the rub
don't rub your cat smile up against me
because I've seen it before
your long teeth flashing in the dark
right before you disappear
or did I?
Either way it's clear
when it comes to you and me
that it's all about fear
so baby turn off the light
and we'll practice our fights
one against the other
(would you be my lover)
until the sparks from the doorknob
jump to the windowsill
and dancing there become the sun
and all at once we are awake
awake and alone
I am gone
or was it you?
Whichever it's true
that the world is not for us
it wants all this trust
and I'm not sure its worth the fuss
life is such a mess
i must confess
I'm just waiting to break out
while we're waiting
(do you want to see
how we would make out)
if this was the real world
if this is what there was
be-be-because
I stole this from a shadow
and you've the soul of a cat
and I know we both know
where the lie is at
Sun is here again
let the fun begin again
its all a sin again
so how about it...
lets be friends?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stole a shadow,