Wednesday, May 5, 2010

To preface.

The days spent within the embrace
of these stiff straight arms
strangle me.
I cannot take these right angles
anymore.
Give unto me something of the sun
and with that half-breathed wish
suddenly you are there
stretching fingers of warmth
throughout the long corridors of my mind
and oh how these halls reek of smoke
for I have been burnt before
and still the peeling walls look like flames
curling up around these supports
hungry hands to pull it down.
So be careful you
with your glow and grin
because I am a patch of tinder
and you will burn me up again.
But regardless I welcome you
because you are nothing straight
with your crooked eyes
and long hands curved around my face
Maybe this time it will all come out.
I'll give you a free hand
and all the doors you want.
If you want to walk away
I guess that would be you
and your choice
but it would only take your voice
to burn this whole place down.
So here I am
With these white walls strict around me
and nothing but the sound
of you when you found me
So.
What next?

No comments: