Monday, September 29, 2008

The Problem of Panic

i woke with the curves of my organs
crushing against each other
in a rush to make a straight line
invisible and thin
to fall through the cracks
and escape into non-being

you too have felt that way
the gravitational force pulling you to ground
urging you to vanish
before you are banished
with the cold finger and laugh
that can take the form of anyone
but almost always the face thats in your heart

still the promise of peace rings true
echoed in moments across the day
and one day i will learn
to string them together
weave them strong and thick
wrap that rope around my waist
and keep climbing 
out of this crevice i've thrown myself into
towards something that looks like
something like
light

do you want to come with me
face of my heart?

2 comments:

-evan said...

congratulations. beautiful imagery.

1telos said...

yes, we have each felt that way; more than once. Few of us have voiced it well, though.

tks