Monday, September 15, 2008

tani

do you know how sometimes
they ship things
that might grow
in ice
wrap them good and tight
in layers of water and cold
and then scratchy fabric
stretched around the base
like saran wrap that bulges over the edges of the cup
to keep everything inside
and somewhere along the line
someone took cold cold hands
and shoved them through my ribcage
carelessly as if 
these careful bones that keep me safe
were knotted roots in stubborn ground
grabbing my thrashing heart
like picking up something
slightly unpalatable but meaningless
that you dont even have to think about
because it's not quit that important
and shoved it in a tank
of water that twisted and hardened
itself around what was left of me
while all the things i recognize
in the mirror or the windows
drifts away from me 
weakly flopping on the ground
and i think bla bla bla
and am confused
but then cloudy
and more so
as the water sharpens around me
tying me down in quick little filaments
bitter and brittle and strong
and i am numb remembereing my own contours
only vaguely like a street sign
you used to pass on your way to school
but never really read
because it was foreign
and not the way home
and then they pulled me out 
from the dark and the dank and rarified air
and threw me into soil
like a package 
that the owner hasnt yet claimed
and so may be treated as they like


1 comment:

-evan said...

i see a lot of your poems as music videos. go figure.