Saturday, September 27, 2008

Remember Orpheous.

was walking today
And wandered into a fairytale forest
With overreaching trees
And grass just longer then the shadows
It was two birds short of silence
As they sang just beyond the leafy horizon
I was startled into the first smile
Since grey crept from your hands to my eyes
And in this new world
Felt that I too could fly
I with the broken wings
And quieted song
Could also ascend to safety and beyond
Into the realms of brilliance that only lovers claim
And with that thought
The feeling swooped within me
And settled cement cold in my stomach
The chill rose among the cloudy vapours
And the birds were silent in the face of my sorrow
Till only a snapping branch dare mock my reverie
With an echo of the sound that broke my future
Into a thousand red pieces across the woodland floor
Another sounded and the leaves whispered at the sacrilege
Whispered ‘Remember Orpheus’
And so my feet did not flee
But slowly steadily walked towards the green light
Though my heart ached to hear the rustling dust
And my eyes drowned in the desire to turn
Turn and run into the arms that would never hold me again
I pushed on past the soft flowers of spring
And over the rocks still cold with winter
Never letting slip my head that longed to see
The phantom hope that was behind me
Two steps more
And the light poured in heavy sheets
One step and the shadows fled at my feet
They came up above me and swarmed
I could bear it no longer
But spinning saw
Your beautiful beautiful face hoping
And twisting into a scream as the redsmoke of your form
Blew away between the branches
Leaving me emptyhearted yet again

It has been two years since the echoing blast that rent your heart and my soul
One year since I went wandering in the wood and lost you yet again
This is the day again
And I shall not miss your coming
But run, running with red, to meet you
Upon death’s dark walkway

No comments: