Friday, October 10, 2008

Artist.Assasian.

i'm watching these strokes
layer upon layer
watching you blend them
adding magic with touches of sound
the perfect words
to bring out just that shade of gold
that was resting behind that beam
and you are telling a story
and painting a picture
the magic is neither in one
nor the other
but the whole moment
the whole glowing realm
that surround you and your quick fingers
you and your silver tongue
strong hands and deep eyes
and you the bright beam
are the pulling force of all there is
pushing time forward
heartbeat by heart beat
and spinning the world on
you're telling and singing of beauty
and grace
talking of love
teaching of forever
i'd be your student
pay my tuition
with my weight in love
but i'm watching these strokes
too carefully not to see that
whatever you are painting
it is not me

so i'll keep walking through this gallery
holding my head and my heart
in careful careful hands
a quiet series of parts
that stumble jerk-knee through the door
and into the forever of alone

1 comment:

-evan said...

stumble-
that
under
my
body
lies
eternity.

alone-
lovingly
orchestrated
nonsense
envelopes.