Sunday, October 26, 2008

Runaway.

Run run run. See him run. He runs fast. Like something unreal. From a film reel. A fish being reeled in. desperate and fighting. For breath and survival. And you know that this. Is my last chance at revival. Because mouth to mouth won’t cut it. This fishing line trap. All I’ve got to hope in. is the chance that you will wrap. Your soul around me. Like a canvas from van gogh. With its explosive colours and deep gashes of darkness. Dear I am the one. Behind this skin. Stretched so tight. You act like it’s a mask. Cry take it off. Take it off. And I cannot. Cannot let your fingertips search through my hair. For the secret string. The spring to spring the trap. To send me sprung. You keep saying. its so easy. That truth comes easily. And I can’t untie my tongue. To say. To weigh down. These dreams of yours. Tell you that this is truth. This which you don’t. won’t. see. This face is me. There is no lie. Just me. Casually choking on the words of goodbye. Because time wrapped me up. In this fishline. And this broken face is mine. See her run. Run so fast. Out run time. Well that won’t last. She knows. Do you. That this goodbye is true. I’m going gone. Can’t come along. Wrap your soul around me. And say that its okay. I’ll not and laugh and tell you. Too late too late too late.

2 comments:

Candle in the Dark said...

"casually choking on the words of goodbye"
i really like this one.

Anonymous said...

I love the stumbling sensation