Saturday, October 4, 2008

love song.

the stars were going dim
hiding from me
like so much else in this world
the details that make life worth living
were lisping away
everything fading to shades of shadow
and gray

and then you arrived
re-wired the constellations
taught them to shine again
throwing your light into the gaps
connected them in ways i've never seen
and baby we're so close
to living in our dreams

cause when i see that smile
the eges of my world bend
curving in tandem
throwing me and you together
in the minumum point
skin on skin and dream on dream
this must be what forever means

Because when you lean against my hand
everything straightens out
and we are two edges of a point
shooting straight into infinity
as to what's beyond
between you and me and this song
we've got it easily

when i saw you
you threw everything into focus
my heart into spring
straight from winter
and i cant stop smiling to sing
so i'm just writing it down
waiting for you to come home

because im building us a castle
and your making it our home
here in this ordinary suburb
we're taking camelot to shame
ever since the day you came
and took my breath away

1 comment:

Candle in the Dark said...

"i cant stop smiling to sing" is my favorite line:)
i love it.