Sunday, October 19, 2008

catch. and release.

Blow me a kiss.
send it striking up my cheek
like the attack it is
whistling through the air
like your backhand
and i'm one abuse victim
who doesn't think its her fault
because nothing i could do
could make you love me
could force this union
between your lips and mine
your skin and my bones
and i will tell you

you are beautiful

you smile
as if i were a fool
and say of course
and so are you

you lie
against the way my skin stretches
in the midst of this fabric
and i am yours again
because no one believes
what they see
its what he sees that matters
and now you are the one stretching
pulling back from me
gingerly
a surgeons hand unsure
if the operation will hold
back your way oth the door
and turn
to blow me a kiss

i tried to catch your love
but i missed.

No comments: