Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ask the Greeks.

I'm caught in a world of demons and decoys
and i don't know what I'm fighting for
running for a silhouette 
to get away from these shadows
my feet get stuck in this sweetness
its eating away the soles of my shoes
giving my soul cavities
and the only part of north i understand
is no
so i'm spinning on this compass
a wreck waiting to happen
in these corridors of black glass
and someone told me once
that things tend to continue 
in the way that they began
its a law they said
and i'm wondering which would be worse
falling this tailspin into the ground
or wait for the cops to come and pick me up
carry me none too gently
to the white boxes 
that they stack one upon the other
with arrows pointing 'this way up'
and 'no way out'
might as well keep sliding
across this phantom landscape
a fugitive who can't remember her crime
except that once she was a bird
and now she has no wings

Should we shoot a tragedy
to put it out of its misery
or let it play to the bitter end
applause applause my friends.

1 comment:

thearchitects said...

and the only part of north i understand
is no


*sigh*

and i like the clincher.
best over the phone.
with you reading it in your "poem-voice"

the one i almost miss most.