Saturday, April 11, 2009

artroom.

what is strange to me
is where you exist
i am sure that you
strange being that you are
must reside within these four walls
nourished on the cutting turpentine
that saturates these slow air currents
like blue the sea
you only notice it in its broad expanses
and when scooped close to your hand
it falls as clear as ever
how foolish of me to think that i could carry
you in my spirit away
to this dry arid land that simply reeks
of absolutely nothing at all
except a strange greyness that clings to my fingers
as i hold them to my lips
to blow you a kiss across the miles
across the millions
of wasted feet because they-none of them- know where they are going
and i too am lost letting only
this fragment of soul i stole from you
and hid deep in my memory guide me back
thrusting my eyes into the darkness and out again
through the tunnel time and i'm safe in memory
swinging my legs on that splattered table
waiting for you to stop being art long enough
to still a little more of my heart
that runs too fast with the heat of your skin

i let it run so fast
i let it run away with me
it confused distance with dignity
and hope with impossibilities

you stay for me in that one room
where magic was in the paint
and lessons in the pain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen.
like blue the sea..

mm. hold tight to this fragment of soul.