Sunday, April 26, 2009

hero's vocation vacation.



and sometimes i wonder what it is that screams of danger. these knife blade glances from that dark eyed stranger. why do i find safety in this game. and the fact that she will forget my name. because there are shadows and then there is dark. there is loneliness and then standing apart. i will be the silhouette on the rooftop tomorrow.and she will walk and not look up. i will take another sip of sorrow. and laugh while i refill my cup. i take my needs with me wherever i go. i plant my fears and watch them grow. i turn them loose and then suck them dry. bleed poetry from each eye. and stain my teeth with this red elixir. the delicious tearing of thought from thought. listening to them stretch and strain further. from where they were meant to be and what they ought. to say to think to sing and i am the master of the dirge. the master of this earth. playing these games with the dark eyed stranger for the taste of danger. stripping these thorny stems. for the colour it brings. those subtle explosions against the sky. that draws the city's eye. up and i'm away. to laugh and live another day. to find another thousand souls to save. and laugh at the irony.

they call me free.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohh there are some very good lines here.. I am the master of the dirge, take another sip of sorrow, plant my fears and watch them grow, its wonderful.

I dont know if you ever read a seriesof unfortunate events? theyre childrens books, I read them when I was younger but never finished, so I stole a few from the elementary library recently, and found them to be surprisingly enjoyable, but the thought I had while reading them that I wanted to share was that using strange, difficult, foreign words doesnt always alienate the writer from the reader. -Its all about the right amount, and I find myself looking up new words I find in your poems or these books and its refreshing to be exposed to new language. so I just thought to encourage you not to stoop to a lower diction for the sake of your readers (well, within reason..) its all about the right amount?
anyways, I just had that thought today and wanted to get it to you before I forgot.
miss you, miss you, always miss you
-Megan