Friday, April 10, 2009

Warning. No diving.

they say no
don't do it
not headfirst
and when i failed
they shook their old heads
you are so headstrong

and in my heart i know i always will
thats the way they carry you away
when i am at last still at last broken
they will put me on that hard board
(because who will feel it and why waste
what little life has of this soft touch
on one whose skin is shining)
and they'll push me through the doors
feet first feet first

my bare feet bare and blistered
from the thousand streets i've run
to get away from you to know what i am
through and through
so through with you 
and i talked my way free
tore my skin from your cold skin
and let the scraps to scar
to scare away the others if they dared

i'll always dive in headfirst
they said i was headstrong
turns out you were shallow
which makes it so much worse

they pulled me out feet first.

No comments: