Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blow me away

yesterday the magic came
first at my fingertips
wet and a little sticky 
it made them burn and buzz
like the electric wires that swing above me
as they slice the sky into bite size pieces
so i took them, bite by bite
and with my sticky fingers stretched
the sky and magic over my wand
using it like a telescope to see the world anew
it twanged back and forth upon itself
flexing against the air
testing its strength
and finding it fit
i drew a piece of the magic into myself
and with my silent spell
half wish half prayer expelled it
pushing the weary world aside 
thrusting instead into my wonderland
and so i drifted away

yesterday they looked for me
amidst the wind and concrete
all they found was a bubble wand
and the reeds whispering a secret

No comments: