Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Meet me in the mess

 i've got stacks and stacks
folded and toppling
ribbed suitcases that have their skeletons
tight against the fabric
i walk like that
with my bones thrusting from my skin
like these tumbling packages 
from my hidden places
making a mess of my secrecy
leaving me as vulnerable as you
with your soul thrusting from your eyes
and today i just don't have the time
i've thrown my whole world in this room
and i can't make it fit again
not to mention you with your chaos love
and heartbeat like an earthquake
all i need now is something else to shake loose
and i'll be lost forever in this avalanche
of desires and needs and nos

so shut the door behind you
i can't care for your smile
i haven't the time for this romance
nor the strength for the coming goodbye

No comments: