Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Revenge of Poe.

I have slicked the lime across the stair
left the honey to glisten like a snail's track
along the center
a sunset streak on a white river
and I wonder if the sunlight poured
is as sweet and thick to my hungry skin
as this careful trap to you
Here you come with your night sky eye
and the curve in your neck that indicates
surprise and something more
the way you always do, the something more
it is why I cannot leave the nothing here
why I cannot leave without you
though you are nothing to me and I to you
So come closer closer
on your thin shadowed legs
with your curious eye and shining mouth
almost the sun is set, almost it is time
so one step more and you shall
and I shall

there.

o raven now, raven still
what shall you say
for I have caught you before the door
and you shall haunt me
nevermore

No comments: