Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Indomitable

the antiseptic stings
sliding down my arm
as if slowly seeping into my skin
it means to turn me
into something new again
and i don't know what else to do
because this is my life in review
you don't check the rearview mirror
because the past will get no clearer
and you ty not to look ahead
because its a blur until you're dead
just stare out the side
watch the telephone poles sweep by
and one day this ride will stop maybe
one day we can all be free
i can spread my heart out in the sun
and let it dry out
and you'll pop up like photographs
and we will stand around and laugh
at how fate thought it could win
how we've beat the map again
because oh they wanted, oh they tried
to scatter on the ocean tide
along these roadmaps and flight plans
but we know that we will win again
and so i smile when she says
it won't hurt a bit
as she slides the needle in
and my world blurs again

welcome to a foreign place
this is your new canvas
your new escape
there is no way home

they can't fool me
i won't forget grace.

No comments: