Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stop.

The world is not my ally and its slowly spinning
to pieces a stop frame explosion
in which i am the pause between the shots
and nothing more
so hold your breath while these flames
curl up and around you
the way my fingers used to
anchor in your hair
and look for me
every other heartbeat
i'll be there wrapping around you
i'll be your shield your shred of truth
and this place will take nothing
but our skin and our names
to settle like dust on these grey stones
and what care we for that
the world is not my ally in this war
but i will win it yet
because there is you and i
and the stars on our side
so hold on to me in this frame by frame destruction
we'll slip through the pauses
and be free

1 comment:

Candle in the Dark said...

"the way my fingers used to, anchored in your hair"

aaaaaaa.
yes. hannah. yes.