Monday, January 18, 2010

Supplication.

hello again,
I suppose I should just put this down.
You and I both know
Its a lost battle I'm fighting
and this bottle won't do any good.
Sooner or later this crack keeps growing
One day i'll have to give in
and wake up knowing that this
is the way it is. These dreams
are the sphere I'm living on
with memories my fragile gravity
holding these pieces together
and baby i'm magnetic
click on click off
with my arms and heart drifting apart
watch me working away
but hey hey
my hearts not in it
so light me another cigarette
it's raining it's raining
the tobacco won't take
and i know its a mistake
because the smell's not worth the numbing
so tie me together with these trains of thought
mark me down note by note
I'm singing les miserables and I'm in key
maybe its the tune that will set me free
but when the night is over
i'll remember the river's just a river
So baby i'll put the bottle down

Superglue never fixed a cardiac arrest
and nicotine won't stop me dreaming


No comments: