Monday, January 18, 2010

Gods and Ghosts.

I'm tearing you down one by one
from these empty walls
and standing you up against the smoggy sunset
and let the red light trace you against the smoke
my own cityscape
stand tall and straight
scratch your black shadows into the horizon
and i'll spin watching the world disappear
behind the bulk of who you are and what that means
stretch out your arms and grow
the mountains of my valley home
these ragged edges folds and tears
the places where the story blurs
i'll pretend they all disappear
bend the light around them with my clever mirrors
and sit in the center of your circle
safe again and silent
How strong you are my loves
the towering giants in my mind
to protect me from the sharp horizon
the soft eyed saviors with outstretched hands

And the wind blows
knocks you down
one by one my empty loves
cardboard caricatures of model men

The horizon stretches its gaping mouth
and with one snap
consumes me alone.

It's night in a ghost town.

No comments: