Thursday, January 21, 2010

Confession

oh my broken hands
how smooth the shadow falls
from the wrist into the black form
an easy softness along the ground
and my hands my hands
o my brokenness
these weak fingers with their throbbing grasp
these shattered strands of push and pull
that have fallen limp like puppet strings
cut and left to drift across the stage
my hands are broken
and yet how smooth they look in these simple shadows
how well formed in grace they glide
over obstacle above each creviced crack
and yet against the silent weight of air they scream
how silent the shadow
while the form shrieking flies
a clumsy weary path back from the cold land
and on again looking for a less weary sun

how smooth my smile lays beneath the glossy layer
how light the paper drifts from breeze to breeze
how graceful the shadow

and O - O how broken I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if only I could crawl inside your brain and understand.