Monday, January 18, 2010

Estrella

My favorite secret I stretch before you every night.
you stare and you smile.
and you don't see it at all.
I suppose I'm still safe in all this dark then.
Sitting next to you with this vulnerability
shrieking across the shadows
and you don't see it at all.
I suppose I'm okay.
You'll sit beside me forever
how sweet and silent
waiting for me to break free
waiting for me to show you the last door
the singing secret that i've tucked away, somewhere.
you tell me you'll wait-
you'll wait forever.
I wonder what you're waiting for.
What are you looking for, o my love?
I'm standing here with my secret strewn across the sky.
Are you blind to sit staring and not see a thing?

I taught each star to sing
from when i was a child each a shining note
they streak a chorus of sound
across the inkstrewn sky
and they're singing out your name with each flickering flash
while you're watching the headlights go by
How blind you are love of mine
Look and see what my heart wrote.

The last secret blazes across the sky.
The last secret between you and I.

No comments: