Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Summer City

this is my summer city. the city of my summer.

how green the world is and warm

with the heavy clouds wrapping up the horizon

so it can't cut me with its sharp edges

so i'll sing summer in this city

this city of my soul sing my way along.

how warm it is here, at home

but the frost is reaching

its thin fingers under the door

and its scraping against my skin.

I am lost.

Do not look for me my love

along the long alleys of swinging lights

leave the field growing green untouched

My footsteps are not among them

O my love my love

this is the long goodbye

this is the silent severing when I release you

Let you release me too

O my love, O this summer city,

Do not forget.

How bright those summer nights that smelt of freedom

How sweet the scent of rain on the green

you and I and the whole summer city

Quick the frost comes

How quiet the world becomes in these last moments

how quiet and grey

The city will draw its cloak about its throat

wrapped in the black

let night grow like mourning

but in the morning break free

Throw it off and sing with the whispering green

But do not forget. do not forget.

O my summer city, O my love.

Goodbye.


No comments: