Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fire and Ice.

i quote frost
letting the sharp syllables fall off my tongue
plink plink
to shatter into the pavement
to melt into small puddles
and you go spashing through
not knowing these words
i think i know enough of hate
to say that for destruction ice
is also great and would suffice
and oh you would suffice
for me
because even this my frozen tongue
touchs my warm fingertip
to then trace your identifying symbols
amidst my own
wrapped round with a bent circle
and everything in this world of mine is broken
and yet i find hope in this
that some say the world will end
some say,
the world will end
and who knows perhaps another will
begin
befriend
me and take me away
because i think i know
i know enough of hate
and oh i have tasted of desire
and hold with those who favor fire
bring my burnt fingertips
to my frozen lips
and tell my heart

the world may perish twice
first in love to begin again
this is the truth in fire my friend
and then in bitter ice
as hate rises to sweep the scene
the world may only perish twice

i quote frost
as you walk by
splashing in puddles
unaware.

1 comment:

thearchitects said...

mmmmm.
i want to hear this one in person.
{sunday? i left your phone number tacked to my bulletin along with my calling card}

beautiful.
i like how cold it reads.
{if that makes sense}
and the play on frost.