Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Flight T261. Now Boarding.

i'm holding this sign
because i hate the sound of goodbye
how it sounds like 'you' and 'i'
but is twisted warped broken
into something thats anything but good
everything in me is screaming
this is not what life should be
but the numbers don't lie
and that clock face is pointing to time
so i guess im going to try
not to choke holding this sign
knowing I can't blur away goodbye
no matter how hard i cry
so i'll crush my fingers around this cardboard
watching you disappear into the airport
a mime caught in this cage
of fate's making
and no one taught me
where to find the key
to unlock these lips
unshackle these feet
run after your coat of dark blue
scream don't leave me
i need you
so I'm standing here
holding my sign that says goodbye

for every front there is a back
on the other side of that bitter truth
i've written words just as true
holding my sign taht says goodbye
and i love you.

3 comments:

thearchitects said...

i remember when you called me.

and read this to me.

and i was strong and brave.
but reading it makes me cry.

way to tap into those mk emotions dearest. you amaze me.

Anonymous said...

nobody taught me either.

hannah youre really going to make me cry,
and I dont just say that and not mean it
--

in other news.
was that rhyming intentional..

JoyfulE said...

yes - the mk in me tears up at this...you write emotion so well...and we all know that feeling so well. thankfully goodbye is never really forever in this transient life we live...but I miss you.