Monday, November 24, 2008

Fly Away Home

I'm going to stand at this window
watching the sky like a road
watching the light of a thousand planes
hover in the black like stars
watch with hungry eyes
press my fingertips against the glass
and build clouds with my breath
as i whisper as i pray
-come back alive-
all these lines of light in parallel
shooting through this thin pane
this thick pain that crowds my lungs
sealing off my pores
leaving me a cement statue
keeping her vigil
all these parallel lights
parallel lives
places that i could should be
things i could would see
but tonight theres only me
at this window
watching my heart fly away
and i whisper
and i pray
-come back alive-

I taught my heart to fly
taught my soul
and now I'll wait here
teaching myself to pray.

You forget the value of a heart
until it flies away.

1 comment:

1telos said...

sure have been a lot of flights in this life...
tks