Sunday, November 30, 2008

puppet/puppeteer? They're called Marionettes.

i look at you and i see
what you could be
one of my other lives
one of my many lies
you could be
you could be happy
with me
without me
we could pretend
that you could depend
on me
but you see
its just not reality
because i look at you
and see one of my other lies
one of my many lives
and because i love
the thought of you
uncaught
unstained
untamed
i'm going to keep walking
going to keep talking
to my self
leave you there
in your haphazard health
living in straight lines
cause i'm a straight faced liar
and even if i gave you wings
you're no high flyer
so i'll leave you here
keep walking
closing the door behind me
for someone else to find me
to look and see
the life
the lie i could be

i promise i could make you happy.
i swear on inconsistency.

1 comment:

thearchitects said...

love the rhythm.

but the clincher makes me sad.
and reminds me of things.

although; i love your style these days.
the two-four line clincher.
so classy.

and really makes you think.
i like how oftentimes there's a twist.
sometimes they seem so final, sometimes open-ended.
anyhow.
i'm rambling.
all this to say. i love it as i love you.